Grand Round the World Cruise
Sydney, NSW, Australia
24 Night Grand Round the World Cruise Sector sailing from Sydney to Hong Kong aboard Columbus.
Cruise the Southern Hemisphere and experience a melting pot of cultures from Australasia, Indonesia, Malaysia and The Orient. Beginning your journey in Australia’s most cosmopolitan city, Sydney, before your passage takes you onto Indonesia via the Great Barrier Reef and Darwin. Bali and the Philippines that act as Indonesian stepping stones to the vibrantly chaotic Chinese orient, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Highlights of this cruise:
This northern beach suburb of Cairns is named after George ‘Yorkey’ Lawson, a fisherman from Yorkshire who arrived in the area in the mid 19th century and built a homestead. To the north of the knob (the headland) lies a calm bay, to the south an incredible beach, one of the top 10 kitesurfing destinations in the world. Cairns itself is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Kurunda National Park (both optional shore excursions), and also a centre for sailing, diving and snorkelling.
China’s largest city and, with over 24million inhabitants, the most populous city in the world, Shanghai is now also a global financial centre. Pretty much anything you could want is here, but, at the heart of this futuristic metropolis, there is still plenty of history: there’s the Old City to explore, as well as the Bund, the famous waterfront promenade lined with colonial-era buildings. The latter lies across the Huangpu River from the space age skyline of Pudong, which boasts two of the top 10 tallest buildings in the world – the 632m Shanghai Tower and 492m Shanghai World Financial Centre.
AUSTRALIAN SHORES TO HONG KONG SIGHTS Fly, Cruise & Stay package includes:
- 24 night cruise aboard Cruise & Maritimes’ Columbus ex Sydney to Hong Kong
- INCLUDED! Delicious full board cuisine
- INCLUDED! Afternoon teas and late night snacks
- INCLUDED! Captain’s Cocktail Party (cruises of 6 nights or more)
- INCLUDED! Self service tea & coffee (6am to 10pm)
- INCLUDED! Big show entertainment, cabarets and classical interludes
- INCLUDED! Daytime activities and leisure facilities
- INCLUDED! Guest speaker and arts & crafts (on selected sailings)
- INCLUDED! Porterage of luggage, port to cabin
- INCLUDED! Port Taxes
- 3 nights accommodation in a 4 star hotel in Hong Kong
- Half day Hong Kong Island Tour – The Hong Kong Island Tour is an excellent orientation tour. A half day tour which takes in many of the main attractions on Hong Kong Island. As the City changes so rapidly, this tour enables visitors to refresh old memories and for first timers to create new ones. Highlights include Aberdeen Harbour and fishing village, where an optional sampan is available (own expense), Jewellery factory for a quick insight to the making of jewellery, pass by picturesque Repulse Bay, Stanley Market with an array of shops and a chance to pick up some bargains. Victoria Peak, famous for its spectacular views, including a ride of the Peak Tram.
- One way economy airfare from Hong Kong to Sydney
- Air taxes